Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cozumel, Mexico

Thursday we were in Cozumel, Mexico.  Here we signed up to go scuba diving.  It cost about $100 per person and was worth every dime!  It only took five minutes to get to the beach and when we got there I was a little worried.  I could see our cruise ship!  How in the world is there going to be any fish here?  Thankfully my worries were for naught.
 I won't lie, it took me a while to get used to scuba diving.  The idea of breathing through my mouth the whole time and never my nose unnerved me.  Especially since I could feel the water around my nose.  I became totally paranoid that I was going to breathe in and start choking.  So most of the time I was concentrating on not dying.  But not Jon,  I think he led the instructor most of the time.  He was in his element down there.  He looked so happy.
 This is where we scuba dived.  Because I was a first time diver I was not allowed to bring my camera with me.  Which is good because it's not waterproof.  So I wasn't able to get any pictures of the fish that we saw. But I will let you know we saw a yellow stingray, a puffer fish, angel fish, parrot fish, an octopus eating a conch, and lots of coral.  The colors down there were amazing and to see these animals face to face and not through a tv screen was amazing.  
 We scuba'd for about an hour then they let us snorkel around the same area for about another hour.  We backtracked to where we went before and got to hang around and really check out everything.  This was by far my favorite part of the trip.  I think Jon and Ken would agree!


 Ken loves shopping for junk.  He likes haggling with the men about prices and buying everything that we don't need.  I just shake my head and walk away.

 One lesson I learned on this trip, don't ever pose for pictures with people who are dressed up.  They will make you pay after the picture is taken. 

 We ate lunch at the Three Amigos cantina.  While we were waiting forever for our food, a song came on and Jon and Josh jumped up on the chairs to dance.  Never ever say Jon doesn't know how to have a good time.


Hellooooo blue water

No comments:

Post a Comment