Monday, March 11, 2013

All Hail Casmir

Pulaski that is.  And that seems to be the motto of DuBois, Illinois.  The 3rd of this month we took a little road trip back to the "homeland" to bear witness to the Annual Casmir Pulaski Parade.  I believe I wrote about this last year, however, I still haven't wrapped my mind around the fact that this actually happens so I must post again.

Once again we had a wonderful time catching up with family.  We met Paul and Lenee and Aunt Marcie and Uncle Orlie.  It is always an adventure when we meet up with them at the Mule Barn.  Jon went with us this year and looked right in his element I am afraid to say  : )

 Jon's favorite flags!


Uncle Vince, One handsome soldier right there!

 Eileen, this is Ritchie Wojtowicz's littlest one.  Vince is the oldest DuBois resident, Waylon is the youngest


 Milk, it does a body good

 Duck Dynasty  meets DuBois.  Actually this is Ken's cousin Eric.


 Everyone's favorite, the Stag  Beer float

 Even Aunt Marcie got involved



 Probably my favorite float.  Just a bunch of 21 years olds drinking beer along the parade route.

 Anyone else see my mom and dad driving something like this?


 I am going to venture a guess that this guy won't be part of the conclave tomorrow

Best. Idea. Ever.  A recycle truck for all the beer cans.  This dude made bank!

The weather was wonderful and we once again had a great time!  Can't wait for next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment