Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tale of the Hostas

 Oh my hostas.  How I have worried about you.  Last year you didn't do so well and I was afraid I had lost you.  Then that evil animal came and dug most of you up.  I though you were lost to me forever.  But you survived and this time I will protect you and not let bad things happen to you again.

 Last year my mom and dad brought over quite a few hostas from their gardens.  I had them planted around my trees and they looked very nice.  But for some reason during the summer they died off.  The shriveled up and went away.  I really thought I had killed them all,  When we got back to the camper this spring I noticed that most of them were dug up by some animal over the winter.  I just knew I was going to have to buy all new plants.

But alas, some survived.  My one tree has had quite a few come up.  I am so excited.  The other tree, not so much but there are a few trying to push their way to the top.

 Come on little buddy, you can do it.

 After the rains last weekend, everything turned a vibrant green.  Love it!

 As I was fishing, a term I will use very loosely, this creature swam by me.  Not sure the kind of snake that it is, but he wasn't too happy that I took his picture.

 One of the geese guarding her eggs.  She made sure nobody got close to her babies.

 Gross.  I hate frogs.

 Ken thinking he is all cool because he caught a fish.  Well listen here buster.  I caught the first one  But since you didn't help me with it it flopped off the bank into the lake before I got a picture.   But in my heart I know I caught the biggest fish.

New birds to my feeder.  I was so excited to see them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment