Thursday, November 8, 2012

Here We Go

I have a months worth of posting to do since I haven't been able to find my camera card.  So sit down, get cozy, and get ready to enter to crazy world of the Wojtowicz's.

First I will start with Jon's Cross Country Regional match in Edwardsville.  It was a long time ago so I can't remember the date.  All I really remember was having NO idea where the track was and spent a large amount of time driving around the SIUE campus trying to find a bunch of runners.  Thankfully Jen answered her phone and got me to the place I needed to be!  Thanks Jen!


 Jon has made quite a few new friends because of Cross Country.  He may not like running but he did seem to enjoy the season.  I just wish he would have started as a freshman like me and his dad told him to : D
 Coach Skirball is probably one of the best coaches either of my kids have had at the high school.  He is so energetic and really loves this sport.  Jon appreciated that when he asked the kids to run, he was right there running with them.  That makes a good leader in my eyes.


 The starting line is mind boggling.


 Let's go Jon!!!

 Strong finish, strong finish!!!!!!!

 YAY Jon!!!!

 Jon and his buddy Chris

This was the first time the school had a Special Education student on the team.  He always ran in the fun runs after the meets but he was at all the practices trying his best.  Coach Skirball said that people thought he was crazy for letting him join, but I think it helped the boys as well as him.  One match I was at he was at the very back of the pack and all the boys ran up to him and ran with him to cheer him on.  And that is what being on a team is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment