Friday, December 23, 2011

An emotional rollercoaster


Never in my life have my emotions been on such a roller coaster ride as they have been this past month.  We received word from our renter, Nell, that she was moving out the end of November.  This put Ken and I in quite a bind.  Do we rent out the duplex again or sell our house and move in?  Both plans had positives and negatives.  So we started putting feelers out to see what would come up.  

You could say we were lucky because we had someone interested in the duplex and someone interested in the house.  If I had my way, we would have sold our house and moved to the duplex.  And for awhile it was looking that way.  We found someone who was interested in our house, so we started making plans to fix up the duplex and move in.  But just when I started making all these plans, the buyer fell thru.  To say I was devastated would be an understatement.  

The worst part is is that we have to fix up the duplex anyway so we can rent it out.  I have never ever ever ever ever seen such an ugly house before.  Where in the world this woman got her decorating ideas from I will never know.  My eyes almost exploded the first time I walked in.  She had the entire place painted pink or purple, except the bathroom, which had the ugliest wallpaper and 8 different colored blue tiles. We have replaced all the flooring, painted every room, and pulled down the hideous wallpaper.  It has been alot of work and has taken alot of money but it is looking very very nice.  Ken has done a wonderful job and I hope he is proud of the work he has done.

 This would have been Ann's room  if we moved to the duplex.  I had already started painting the walls when I realized I better take pictures because NOBODY would believe me about how ugly this place was.

 Dining room.  Amoxicillin pink.  Pepto Bismol pink.  Why do they even make this color???  The worst part, and yes it gets worse, is that the curtain over that window was MAUVE.  What was wrong with this woman???

 Not only was the kitchen painted pink, but before the pink it was pastel purple.  And apparently when she painted it pink she never bothered to paint the top so the purple still showed.  I am calling Sherwin Williams to make sure she never is allowed in there again.

 The bathroom.  I can't wait to peel this horrible wallpaper off these poor walls.  What did they walls do to her?  Why is she so cruel???

 Absolutely NO comment

 Another beautiful curtain.  Ken said he is going to save it and make Ann's wedding dress out of it.

We ended up laying a wood floor down here.  Cody is actually pulling tacks out of wood and not really laying around on the job.  Even though that was my first thought too  : )

 Nothing better than a man in overalls.  Or at least I keep telling myself that.

If this would have been my house, we would have painted the dining room and kitchen wall brown and have one wall be burgundy.  But since it's not now, it's all going to be brown.

I do feel blessed that we have a renter.  There is a duplex down that street that has been looking for renters for awhile.  Alex Flynn and his girlfriend and baby are moving in.  This will be perfect because it will give us time to fix up our house and sell it when, hopefully, the market is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment