Thursday, March 1, 2012

A quick weekend Getaway





I LOVE weekend getaways.  I look at them as a reward for not killing anyone during the work week.  This time the family plus their "significant others" headed up to Chicago for a family wedding.  This was the first time all six of us traveled together.  Alina has never gone anywhere with us so she was in for quite an adventure.

For the weeks leading up to the trip Ken and I were trying to figure out where we were going to put everyone in the truck.  Jon and Cody are too tall to sit in between Ken and I, Alina would probably be mortified to have to sit there, and Ann thinks she is to good for that spot.  Ultimately Ann would have lost out.  And yes, we heard about it for weeks.  Luckily we were able to work something out with Jen so that Jon and Alina would ride with her.  Ahhhhhh space.  Ken's dad rode with us too which put me in the backseat with Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum but it still worked out.  Until Ann decided she was tired and proceeded to lay across the entire back seat.  It's moments like that when I realize how much I love her.  : /


 We ended up having connecting rooms which helped when me and Alina were trying to get ready and Ann monopolized our bathroom.  It seems Ann wasn't having a good hair day and let all of us know it.  I think it was during these moments that Alina thanked her mom for keeping her an only child.

 Ken playing with the kids while we were waiting to leave.  Ken especially liked this one because he could stand in one place while the girls ran around and tried smacking his hand.



 I feel sorry for whatever photographer has to work their wedding!

 Better!

 First try thank you very much.  They need to teach Beavis and Butthead how it's done.

 The girls LOVE Alina.  

 The happy bride and groom

 Father daughter dances always make me cry.

 Monkey see

 Monkey do

 On Sunday we headed into Chicago.  The girls had never been to Shed Aquarium so we talked Jen and Alan into taking them.  I think they had a really good time.  I wish I had better pictures from our trip however flash photography wasn't allowed so my pictures didn't turn out real well.  So squint and they may look clear.

 Look!  It's a duck!


 Waiting for the whale/dolphin show.  Delaney was especially excited to see the dolphins.

 Harper, not so much  : D

 Delaney would't touch the star fish, Harper had no problems.  Shocking I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment