Monday, July 9, 2012

July 4th

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

This year the 4th of July had a little extra meaning for me.  I generally love this holiday (even though it is smack in the middle of summer and I absolutely HATE hot weather) but since Jon joined the Navy the freedom we experience and the sacrifice thousands of people have made for that freedom takes on a little deeper meaning.  I may have even cried a little when they introduced the Navy guy before the fireworks.  

Ann's goddaughter Jersie all dressed up for the celebration!

 I don't think Jon has taken this shirt off but twice since he joined.  I may have to invest in some more Navy attire.

 Debbie always posts sweet pictures of Cate, but me, I focus more on real life.  And this attitude is about as real as it gets.

 Every year the Community Choir performs a bunch of patriotic numbers.  This will be the last year they perform before the fireworks so I made sure I got mom and dad there to see the concert.  The police department was given some VIP tickets so we were able to sit up close.  And by up close I mean right under the speakers.  I think dad even heard the music  : )

 Jon and my bff Amy's girls Kacie.



GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment