Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 3

Sit by a river. 
Find peace and meaning 
In the rhythm 
Of the lifeblood of the Earth
Author Unknown



Aqua  das Wasser  vesi  nero  vatn  viz  acqua  woda.  Any way you say it, I LOVE IT!  In an ocean, river, waterfall, lake, stream, creek, rain puddle,  pool, doesn't matter.  I can never get enough.    I would spend all day by the sea if I was able.  Or the river, where we spent our Saturday.  Black River State Park to be exact.  With its cool, clear water and white sandy beaches.  Sandy beaches?  On a river?  Yep, and it was wonderful.  It was a little hot in the sun but the water was cool and refreshing.  And the company was made up of family and friends which made it even better.

One of the things the kids like about the Black River is the clay they dig up from the bottom.  You know, clay, the stuff thats brings to mind that scene in Ghost that had half of America wanting to purchase a pottery wheel.  Clay, the stuff that brings to mind the song "unchained melody" that makes you want a pottery wheel, then drives you crazy all day long because you cant get the song out of your head.. Yea, that stuff.  The kids find it then make little figures.  Or in Cody's case, a cereal bowl.  Well maybe not a cereal bowl for adults, more like one for a doll, but we flatter him and tell him his cereal will taste great in that bowl. Or at least his flake of cereal will because that is all that will fit.  But we smile and pat him on the back anyway  : )

Ken and Uncle Mark talking.  I can't hear what they are saying but I have no doubt they are discussing how lucky Ken is to have such an awesome wife.  

 Ummmmm, should I just bite the bullet and go under????  Even though we know Cody won't give her much of a choice.

 No Coors Light umbrella today. We need something a little bigger.  Its HOT!

 Cousin Lauren looking oh so excited

 Uncle Richard, Uncle Tim, Aunt Gina, and Greg
Whose Greg you ask?  I ask too...
 And Megan.  With Bailey. 
Whose Bailey you ask?  I ask too...

 Jon about to throw clay at some poor unsuspecting uncle.  Who, lets be honest,  probably threw it first.

 Party on the river bank

Uncle Tommy hanging out.

 Hail Hail the gangs all here

Does Ken have a shirt on?  Dork.....

All the uncles were able to come to the river that day.  It was nice hanging with Mark, Richard, Tim and Tom,.  And Kathy and Betty.  And their dogs.  And their friends......

Now do what I know you have been wanting to do......... Sing.....

Lonely rivers flow
To the sea, to the sea
To the open arms of the sea

Lonely rivers sigh
Wait for me, wait for me
I'll be coming home, wait for me

No comments:

Post a Comment