Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Man Trip

Jon and Ken left yesterday for their guys only trip.  Now, while I have no incredible desire to spend 3 days backpacking along the Appalachian Mountain trail, I am a little envious that they are making memories without me.  But since they scratched white water rafting from their itinerary I will let it slide.  Six guys in total went: Ken, Jon, John and Josh Blaylock, and Stephen and Mike Werths.

Ken has spent the last two months purchasing supplies.  Walking sticks, bags, tents, freeze dried food, a little this, a little that, more freeze dried food.  Ken keeps telling me that dehydrated spaghetti tastes good but I am going to wager that my spaghetti from the Old Spaghetti Factory tonight tasted a wee bit better  : )

I did get a text message from him this afternoon that said they made camp and all is well.  And then tonight about 9:00 he texted me and said they had a good day and were getting ready for bed.  That's all I know so far.  But I am glad to hear they are safe.  I got kind of nervous when I heard they were leaving their itinerary with the desk clerk at the motel with instructions that if they weren't back by 6:00pm Thursday to contact help.  Ugh.  Apparently John B. is afraid of bears because all over the notes he gave me are numbers to call to check on bear sightings.

If they take any pictures I will post them, but since they are guys I am not holding my breath for any.

No comments:

Post a Comment