Sunday, January 8, 2012

 Merry Christmas!  That's what I yelled when I walked into my mom's house Christmas morning.  After opening Santa's gifts at our house we head to my parents to meet up with my sister and her family and my Aunt Mary and Uncle Joe.  These are the most chaotic 2 hours of my year.  Goodness I get worn out.  But once again it was a wonderful morning.

 Santa brought Ben a Kindle Fire.  He thinks he's pretty cool now.

 What??? Cate got new shoes??  No way




 I royally screwed up the kids gifts this year.  Ben and Brady have never played with toys really so buying them anything fun is nearly impossible.  They already have every single piece of sporting equipment so I was stuck buying them clothes.  Yuck!  And I royally screwed it up.  Since it took me so long to get the gifts wrapped I forgot what I get each one.  So Ben ended up with Brady's hoody and Brady got Ben's shorts.  Oh well.  I will let Deb figure it out.

 A couple of years ago I gave Brady a roll of toilet paper.  I had wrapped money throughout it and he had to unroll it to get all the money out.  This drove him crazy and he still rolls his eyes when he talks about it.  Of course, I had to do something like that again.  My life isn't complete unless I am driving my nephew crazy.  It has become a life mission for me.  So this year I rolled his shirt real tight and wrapped it in rubber bands then dropped it into a big box with wadded up pieces of newspaper.  : D   I thought he was going to kill me!  WIN!!!!





 Cate LOVES her baby dolls.  And seeing all the stuff she has for them makes me a nervous wreck because I forgot all the things that a baby needs.  Thankfully Cate can show me how its done.


 Ken had worked all night and was ready for bed.  He was a good sport and came to my mom's before going to sleep but as you can see, it wasn't easy.

 Our Christmas tradition is that the men make breakfast after the presents are opened.  This year Jon really got into making the bacon and eggs.  So did Brady.  He worked really hard microwaving the bacon and putting it out on the table.  Ben and Carter, not so much.




Cody's dad is still in Iraq so Cody spent some time on Skpe talking to him.  

Once again we had a wonderful Christmas.  I am so thankful for the family we have and the great times we get to spend together.  The hardest part for me is that when the kids grow up some of the magic of Christmas is lost.  So I am looking forward to next year when the baby is here and the thrill of Christmas returns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment