Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Eve

Every year we spend Christmas Eve with Ken's family.  This year Jen was kind enough to host it and we had a wonderful time.  Since Ken had to work that night (boo) we started a little earlier than normal.  Which I actually like because there is never anything to do on that day and we just sit around and stare at each other.  Maybe I need to come up with a new tradition for that afternoon.  I may have to think on this.....

This year we did something I swore we would never do.  I always said I would never mix Delaney's Christmas and Birthday presents together.  However, that is exactly what I did.  I know I know I'm sorry.  But Delaney said that her whole life she has dreamed of having a dollhouse so there was no way Ken and I weren't going to get her one.  And since we are on a budget, the gift had to be for Christmas AND Birthday.  Of course that wasn't all I got her but you understand what I am saying.  And I think she loved it!  Not for sure since i'm never there to watch her play, but from the looks on her face when she opened it and Uncle Ken put it together, I think it was a hit.  Yay us!
 Harper was a big help bringing the presents into the living room.  I think she just wanted to get it finished so she could start opening!!


 Every year Ann and Cody get all excited about the gifts they are getting us. This normally makes me extremely nervous.  Last year they gave me a ceiling fan Cody found in his grandpa's garage.  And when he gets excited about the gift it normally means we get them early.  Ken and I and the kids open our gifts from each other Christmas morning, but since Cody couldn't wait to give Ken this he brought it to Jen's.  They kids were so proud of themselves for this one.  Along with the wooden tulips and cardinal Cody packed in the box.  Another find is his grandpa's garage.  This could go on for years.




 The girls watching Uncle Jake open his gift

 Delaney waiting patiently to open her big present.  Little presents are great, but when you see a big box with your name on it, the heart just beats a little faster


 Ken decided Delaney and Harper needed to play with the house right away so him and Jon got to work putting it together.  No doubt Allan was thrilled he got out of this!



 The dolls are ready to move in

Giving Honey the tour


Of course we all loved what we got from everyone.  But for me the best part it watching the little ones open their gifts.  And watching them run around to everyone else and helping them open theirs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment