Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Year Resolution

I am making a New Year's resolution.  Well, an August resolution.  So I guess that means its a half year resolution.  And while we are on the subject why do we only make resolutions on January 1?   Shouldn't we be allowed to make resolutions whenever we want?  Who came up with the new year thing?  From now on I am going to make resolutions every month.  I just hope it won't be the same one every month  : )

Anyway, back to my August resolution.  It comes from my birthday present from my sister.  She bought me my most favorite cookbook ever.  The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  She is my hero ( the pioneer woman, not my sister).  I want to be her.  I want to move to Oklahoma and live in the middle of nowhere and look at cows all day.  And I just found out that on August 27, 2011 she is getting a cooking show on the Food Network.  I feel like God is smiling on me.  And she is coming out with a new cookbook.  Actually she is currently writing it so it could be awhile.  I know this because I read her blog 123434332 times a day.  Just in case she posts something new.

Anyway, back to my August resolution.  By the time I get around to telling you about it it will be September.  Keep on track Kathy.  Gee whiz.  Anyway, I have a habit of collecting cookbooks, magazines, and recipe cards but never doing anything with them. I read them at night and spend hours making list of recipes I want to cook.  Then call 877-IMOS and order a deluxe pizza with garlic cheese bread.  So I am resolving to cook 5 out of 7 nights.  Or at least eat at home more than I eat out. Which could turn into cooking 4 out of 7 nights but I will still be in the positive so its all good.  And I am going to cook my way thru my Pioneer Woman cookbook.  Living La Vida Loca I am.

Tonight was the first night.  I made country fried steak with homemade mashed potatoes.  And I will consider it a success.  I didn't eat it because I never liked chicken fried steak but Ken does.  So I made it and he liked it.   So did Jon.  So day 1 down and I consider it a success.  Last night I made polish sausage and mashed potatoes.    I like making mashed potatoes and I will say I do a pretty good job.   Actually I made one big batch and reheated it tonight.  But it's whatever.  Alina never had polish sausage before and Jon wanted her to be introduced to the most delicious food in the world.  Actually it is quite a hunt to find a good polish sausage that meets Kens standards.  Usually I have to trek over to Soulard Market and buy some from this polish couple.  But Cionkos now sells some pretty good stuff so I can appease the family and not have to drive across the big brown body of water while yelling at all the stupid drivers that insist on sharing the road with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment