Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jon, the guinea pig

Poor Jon.  Since he is pretty much the only one besides me who is home every night he has been sucked into my "fresh food" kick.  Sometimes this works in his favor, sometimes not.  Tonight was not.  I was all excited today about the fact that I was going to try and make homemade macaroni and cheese.  I went straight to the store after work and bought all the ingredients and got started.

First try, I misread the butter amounts and melted a whole stick of butter instead of a half.  After 20 minutes of cooking and wondering why it wasn't thickening up I realized what I did.  Down the drain it went and take 2 was under way.  This time I measured right but I guess I didn't cook the flour and butter long enough because the entire dish tasted like flour.  Ugh.

Good ol' Jon tried some, ate a little and just got himself another pork chop  : ).  Never once complained or rolled his eyes at me.  Which is better than when I asked him to try my peach ice cream.  He got this look of horror on his face and put his hands over his mouth.  After I yelled and threatened him he took a bite (a teeny tiny bite), shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  And this dish turned out awesome!!!

I guess Ken and Ann lucked out tonight.  But I have more recipes to try so watch out Jon  : )  The pizza rolls are in the freezer   : D

No comments:

Post a Comment