Monday, September 12, 2011

Zumba

Do you know what happens when you decide you want to do something your daughter does so you can spend time with her?  If you are unfortunate like me, you begin going to Zumba class.  That's right.  Zumba.

Zumba is a Latin inspired dance fitness program that originated in the 1990's.  It's hip-hop, samba, mambo, belly dancing and all other kinds of crazy stuff mixed into a 1 hour period.  And let me tell you, that hour is LONG!  When I walk out of the building I am dripping in sweat and I swear I hear my leg muscles screaming profanities at me.

But I love it.  It is really a lot of fun even though it is really hard work.  I was scared to try it in a class so I bought it for my Xbox Kinnect.   I was able to to all the workouts even though I didn't always keep up with the little lady on the screen.  So I was very nervous when I went to my first class.  Could I keep up?  Would anybody notice if I zumba'd right out the back door?  But when I walked in and saw that it wasn't a class full of little skinny people, but people like me I started to relax.  Then I started to dance and I have been going every since.  I actually have gotten some friends to go with me which makes it even more fun.  Or funnier.  Because now I have someone to laugh with me about how stupid we look and how evil the instructors are for making us do some of this stuff.  I wonder if I can get a vote on taking out the leg squat routine.  I bet I  would win.

No comments:

Post a Comment