Monday, August 20, 2012

Bad week at the camper

Having a trailer as a second home can bring some not so needed stress, especially during storms.  We have only been up at the camper once when a strong thunderstorm went through the area and that was enough for me.  I don't mind being up there during  rain showers or an occasional thundershower but the big ones get me freaked out.  I mean, where are we supposed to go?  Nobody has basements.  There are trees EVERYWHERE!!!  But still we go, and still I worry.


This past week what looked liked an innocent storm did a whopper on our campground.  I had heard on the news that Highland had a lot of trees down, but I didn't think that anything happened to our place.  I was most certain that my friend Greg would have text me if something would have happened to our place.  Luckily I was right, but some other campers weren't so lucky.  When we pulled in Saturday there were trees down everywhere and one camper had a tree go right through the middle of the roof.

But life goes on as they say.  And since we finally had rain, Tom decided to put on a fireworks show.  I'm not talking bottle rockets but "am I at the 4th of the July" fireworks.  I tried getting some pics but I got yelled at for having my flash go off.  Crabby people.



As much as I love being up at the camper, I have been anxious to get home to my little peanut.  He is so darn cute, we just can't get enough of him!

I put this toy giraffe in his bassinet and it took him a while to fall asleep because he kept peeking at the thing. He wasn't sure what in the world was next to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment