Sunday, December 1, 2013

Las Vegas Baby

New Years Eve of last year a group of us decided that we were going to go to Las Vegas.  4 of our friends were going to run the Rock and Roll Marathon and 4 of us were going to go cheer them on.  Lucky for me Eric Klump and Andrea Brockman decided to get married also. So I was able to knock a couple of things off my bucket list at one time.  That makes me very happy!

 Ken was not as excited about planning this trip as I was.  I pretty much had to convince him that I could save up my money and pay for it myself.  If you know me you would know this is normally next to impossible because I live paycheck to paycheck.  But I DID IT!  I saved up $2000 and was able to finance pretty much our whole trip AND had money to bring home.  Love my loose change!

 We stayed at the Paris hotel.  It was GORGEOUS! I loved it there and would gladly go back. 

 Our plane arrived in Las Vegas at 8:30pst so we had a lot of time to walk around before we could even check into our hotel.  The good thing is we got some sightseeing done, the bad news is that we were exhausted and just wanted to lay down.


 The outside of our hotel.  I kept taking pictures of it because it is so cool.


 Our first stop was Ceasars Palace.  That hotel is beautiful and we could easily walk around there for hours.  Actually I think we did.  




Our first breakfast was at Serendipity.  We were told to go there for their frozen hot chocolate but I just ordered the most wonderful waffle ever.  Doesn't this look delish?

 The excitement  I felt when I saw this is indescribable.  I will take this moment to tell you that I LOVE DONNY & MARIE.  I have since I was a little kid and I am NOT ashamed of this fact.  I was going to go to their show (even though I think I would have had to go by myself) but I was able to get tickets to their Christmas show that is coming to St Louis so I didn't have to.  But I did take a picture of this almost everytime I walked by!  More on this later.

 This is what the inside of our hotel looked like.  Hello.... Wonderful!

 Friday night was the wedding.  I have always wanted to go to a Vegas wedding.  Before Andrea and Eric became engaged I really thought Ken and I would be renewing our vows just so I could check this baby off.  Ken was very grateful someone else stepped up to the plate  : D
(On a side note, doesn't that justice of the peace look like Brett Favre?)


 Too Sweet
 Our Motley Crew.  We had so much fun and I could not have asked for a better group to have gone with.

 The reception was in the suite they rented at Planet Hollywood.  This worked out great for us because this hotel is right next door to the Paris.  In case anyone was wondering, Jenna LOVED the chicken strips.


 I just love all the hotels.  They all look so cool.





 Kim won $80.00 at a penny slot and we were all gathered around her cheering her on.  It's the small things in life that are so exciting.

 Saturday night we went to see the Cirque show KA.  It was crazy.  I really thought I was going to see someone die that night.  The tricks these guys did was out of this world.

 After the show we went to Fremont Street.  This was Ken's favorite part of the trip.  We decided if we ever go back this is where we want to stay, especially if you have a group of people.  We just stood in the street and hung out with everyone and talked and people watched.  My goodness the people watching could keep us entertained for years.



 This is the pool at the Golden Nugget.  I so want to swim around a shark tank.



 No words

 Drunk Santa

 I fell in love with Crepes.  There was a little crepe booth in our hotel and I became addicted.  In fact, the first thing I did was come home and look for recipes on Pinterest and I have had crepes for breakfast every morning since.  YUM!  (FYI breakfast was by far my favorite meal in Vegas.  Everyday was something wonderful)



 The Bellagio is my favorite hotel that I can never afford to stay at.

 I love glass artwork

 My dad would be amazed by this inside garden.



 ummmm




 Back to my Donny and Marie obsession.  Imagine my surprise when I was walking through the Flamingo Hotel toward the gift shop for my D&M tshirt and I see this.  The Dancing with the Stars mirror ball that Donny won!!  I stood there gawking for 10 minutes and thought I was starting to draw a crowd.  Marie won 3rd place when she was on but this was one of her outfits.  Soooo cool.  Kinda made my trip.  No joke.



 I love love love living statues.




 The Venetian was all decked out for Christmas.




 The main reason I was able to drag Ken to Vegas we were so excited to go to Vegas was to watch my friends Jenna and Joey run in the marathon.  I believe over 45,000 people ran in the 1/2 or full marathon.  The strip was closed down so they could run right down the middle. Jenna ran for a little over 5 hours.  I ate at a crab leg buffet and gambled during those five hours.  I had way more fun than her!

 Jenna swore she would never run in a marathon again but I don't believe her.  It's like having a child, you forget the pain after a few years  : D
Our final day in Vegas was our most interesting.  Ken jumped off the Statosphere and Jenna, Joey and me got tattoos.  
 He is so high!

 Ken held my hand the whole time which is good because this sucker HURT!!!  The whole time Jenna was just laughing and laughing and taking pictures of my expressions.

I would only do this to honor my son.  I have no idea how people can get more than one of these suckers.
Sisters in Ink

We had a really great weekend.  I am so glad Ken and I were able to get away for a few days and just enjoy ourselves before the craziness of the holiday began.  So now I will start saving my change for another adventure.  Who knows where the next one will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment