Monday, December 9, 2013

Santa Parade

This year the Granite City Police Department decided to participate in the Annual Santa Parade.  I am pretty sure this was Jenna's idea because she was super excited about it.  Unfortunately it happened on the coldest day of the year and the entire route we froze.  We did have a lot of fun and I was even able to get Ken to participate (which is a huge, big, out of the universe deal because Mr. Grumpy Pants never likes to do anything out of the ordinary)
 Grinch was the theme and Jenna thought the wigs were the perfect touch.  While I wasn't totally convinced they did look pretty cool. 


 Aaron Flynn was the Grinch.  During the parade route he would "break" out of the jail cell and Ken and Jenna would run around beating him with their batons.  The more I thought about that the more I understand the whole "police are mean" thought process but whatever.  My take on that is if you don't want to get beat by a police office don't break the law.  And that is the end of my soapbox rant.

 I am not for sure but I think this police car is a little too small for Ken


Trevor was less than impressed.  Our float was right in front of the Fire Trucks (you know, the ones with all the sirens and lights and whistles) and Trevor pretty much slept the entire time.  However get him home and a soft cat's meow has him sitting straight up!

The parade was a lot of fun and even though our totally awesome float didn't even place with the judges (who apparently are a bunch of scrooges ((I know I am mixing up my Christmas movies but whatev)) we still were great!  Maybe next year we can have it be just a little bit warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment