Friday, December 13, 2013

Thanksgiving

I will not tell a lie.  I was not looking forward to this Thanksgiving AT ALL.  Normally I am all about Thanksgiving.  I mean really, what is there to dislike about the day?  Tons of food (and I can eat all the food I want to because it's a holiday and holiday calories don't count PLUS your at different houses so nobody actually knows what you ate), and lots of family time.  Of course, that is where the big UGH came in.  Our first Thanksgiving without dad.  Would it be super sad?  Weird?  Not worth the hassle? But in the end it turned out great!  Family time is always the best healer.
 Our first Thanksgiving meal was at Butch and Barbs.  It was super cold outside so unfortunately we didn't get to play with the horses for very long, but Trevor was pretty excited to see them.  

 Trevor loves the tractor

 This year we have a lot to be thankful for.  Most importantly is Butch's health.  It was great to see him back to his old obnoxious fun spirited self  : D  


 Thanksgiving afternoon we went to Jen's.  Please don't ask me why Trevor has this in his mouth because I may never have an answer.

 Jon is just as perplexed as me


 Allan's family was also there.  We love to sit around the table and listen to their stories

 Busted!

 Why did Trevor just decidedto sit down in the seat?  Again, don't have an answer.

 Our final, and loudest, meal was at Deb's.  She hosted about almost 20 of us and it seemed half were kids.  Somebody had the great idea to give Trevor a microphone so he had a great time singing and yelling.  Yay, more noise!

 I was so happy Jon made it home for Thanksgiving.  The Navy was stressing me out but I feel very blessed for the two weeks we had with him.  

Remember when Deb and Jen would get mad because everyone was always looking at Ann?  These kids handle it much much better!  Except maybe Cate, but when Jon is around she really doesn't care what is going on as long as he is holding her!



No comments:

Post a Comment