Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Friday night at the camper

Friday me and Ken got away from the kids for a weekend at the camper.  Shocking I know.  Jon went to his grandpas farm and who knows where Ann was.  Thats the awesome thing about having a child thats almost 20.  She no longer needs someone to watch her.  So Ken and I headed to our favorite restaurant in Alhambra, The Galazxy, the hit Walmart and headed for a relaxing weekend.  Not!!!

Friday we had a major thunderstorm move thru.  First time that has happened since we've been there.  And all year I have been worried about what we would do if a tornado came thru.  Apparantly NOBODY at the campsite has an answer.  I swear I heard a siren go off so I was a little scared Friday.  I woke Ken up but all he did was turn on the tv and roll over and go back to bed.  My knight in shining armor.  I guess I was the only one who heard the siren and soon became the butt of many jokes around the campsite when I started asking people. So next time I hear a siren, those people are on their own.


The creek before the storm

The creek after the storm



1 comment:

  1. WOW. too bad we missed it. We were in Kansas City at an indoor water park, having fun with Angie, Geoff, Chance and Isaac. We're going to be at the camper this Friday/Saturday with grandkids in tow.

    ReplyDelete