Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here Comes the Storm

Where is the most logical place to go when there are severe storms in the area?  How about a camper.  You know, that box made of thin sheets of metal that doesn't have a basement.  The one structure that every forecaster says to get out of when storms are in the area. So what do we do?  We leave our nice sturdy brick home and head to our very own metal box.

And the storms came.  Not tornadoes like Granite City got, but lots of rain and lightening.  So we headed to the lodge to wait out the storm with half the people in the campground.  I stayed inside watching the weather on tv and Ken sat on the front porch with the men.  Tom said that it was against campground rules for tornadoes to enter the property so we were safe.

We survived.  The creek rose but nobody got flooded.  And the next morning everything was back to normal.

This is the highest I have ever seen the creek.  Kinda wish I had a kayak.

Just chillin' watching the rain.  Once I learn how to post videos I will put up the cool one I got of the lightening.  At one time you would think it was daylight it got so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment