Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Prom

Sometimes I think my go with the flow personality works against me.  On Saturday, it came in very handy.  Prom is always a stressful day.  I'm not sure why, its just a dance where you have to get dressed up in clothes that you don't want wear, pose for pictures you don't want to take, then spend at least 3 days recovering from sleep you didn't get.  But its a tradition so you suck it up.  And you make the most out of every bad situation.

Such as.....

1.  The car running out of gas on the way to meet Codys family for pictures at his grandmas place.  Yep...no gas.  Coasted almost into a parking spot and Ann (in her prom dress) and Jon had to push us the rest of the way.


2.  In a genius moment on Cody's part he decided that since he never wore a white tux before this would be the year.  The lesson learned...don't drink Dr. Pepper before pictures.  Yep, that right.  Dr. Pepper down the front of him.  Me and Ann rushed him to the bathroom before his family could see..but that didn't work.  By now me and Ann were laughing really hard.  I don't think his mom appreciated this  : )


3.  His mom went  and bought them flowers, an idea totally lost on Ann, and when Cody put Ann's on it broke.  Again, laughter from me and Ann.  Again, not appreciated by Cody's mom.  So we find super glue, get it all fixed up, and Cody's breaks.  Insert more laughter.  Insert more hard stares.  

Finally, they made it to the park.  And from that point on I decided I was not going to answer my phone anymore that night because I really didn't want to know what else could go wrong.


Before I took this picture, Johnny Prazma asked Ann "don't we already have a picture together like this?"   That made me laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment