Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A little gardening

I have gotten the gardening bug.  This fact scares Ken half to death because I sometimes start stuff that I don't finish and usually it takes alot of money to start something that I don't finish.  So I have found that the best idea is to start stuff when he isn't around then when he shows up I'm like SURPRISE honey I just stripped the paint off the fence  : )  This works way better than me telling him my ideas and him coming up with 193393483939 reasons why they aren't practical.

This time I got my parents involved.  Since my dad is downsizing his garden he brought me some of his plants. So Sunday morning him and mom came up and dad planted Hostas (sp).  My favorite part is when dad said they would be there at 11:00am and mom calls me at 9:00am and says they are on their way.  Good thing I have dad figured out and was already waiting for him. They look really good and me and mom did a great job supervising.  Then we, yes we, put mulch around the flowers and trees.  The two trees we did look alot better.  Too bad I have 10 trees.  Baby steps, that's all I can say.

After mom and dad left I looked at the front of my porch and decided I didn't like the rocks anymore.  More mulch.  All in all I layed down 12 bags.  Luckily Kim and Tom had extra bags of mulch that I just bought off them.  They told me they would add it to our electric bill.  Works for me.  I just asked Tom to explain to Ken that electric was really expensive this month.  Hope he buys it  : )   I actually ran out of mulch so that means another trip to Rural King.  Dang it.  Shoot.  I just hate that place  ;  )

All in all the yard is starting to look better.

Before the mulch


After the mulch


My two trees

  Now I need a path from the porch to the pond. A little waterfall.  Some more bird feeders.  More Flowers.  More Mulch.  More Money.  More mulch.  More topsoil.  More flowers.  More bricks.  More flowers.  More Money ....................................And after all this, quite possibly a new husband  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment