Wednesday, July 27, 2011

20th year reunion

Believe it or not I have been out of school for 20 years.  I know, it's hard to believe since I look so incredibly young.  But the sad truth is that 20 years ago I walked across the stage and received my diploma.  And for some reason I have yet to figure out, we feel the need to celebrate the passing of these 20 years with a class reunion.

Our class president didn't have time to plan the reunion so one of my best friends from school decided to take over.  Which meant that I immediately became part of the planning committee.  It was a year long process but I became friends with people I probably wouldn't have if I didn't do this. So for that I am grateful.

This was one of my best friends from high school.  We actually went to grade school together but didn't hang around each other then.  We became friends in Jr. High and had homeroom together all through high school.  This was good and bad.  Good when we were friends.  Bad when we didn't like each other.  Which unfortunately we had alot of those times.  But all is good and we still get together whenever our schedules allow.  Like tomorrow night when we meet for dinner.

 Me, Tanya, and Amy  

 Me and Amy met in study hall.  We had to endure a semester of Mike Parkinson and Chris Glass making fun of each other every day.  We have stuck together ever since. 

 We had a mixer Friday night.  Ken took off work to go with me and I think he ended up having more fun than I did.  He hasn't hung with these girls since high school.  And their stories will never be told to my children  : )

 Everyone hanging out and catching up



 Me, Misty Timko, and Tanya

 Amy and Mike Bryant


Every class has one.  Ours was Brian Bellman.  This is him doing his Elvis impersonation.  He did this in the lip sync our senior year.  Good to know some things never change  : /

Larry Strader pretending he still has hair

Amy, me, and Tanya.  When we hung out, watch out.  


1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your site. I couldn't attend the 20 year reunion, but it was nice to see the pics.

    Lewis Waterman

    ReplyDelete