Sunday, July 10, 2011

Demolition

Ann, Cody, and Scott Hillman are currently remodeling my parents duplex.  They were going to hire a contractor to do this, but to Ken's dismay they decided to do it themselves.  When I say themselves I mean Cody and Scott.  They totally redid the bathroom and are currently redoing the kitchen.  While I think its a great idea, Ken is a stressed out mess.  But as I told him "you don't have to live there so chill out"  : )

 This was the bathroom before they go ahold of it

 Now its like this

And like this.  Actually it is complete now and as soon as I get over there for pics I will put them up.  Scott and Cody and Ann did a really good job on this bathroom.  It wasn't an easy job.  They had to take up the floor, remove the bathtub, put up a little wall, drywall the entire area then install the shower.  Along the way they found a rotten floor which they replaced, cut the water line in half, and set the wall on fire.  And that was in one day.  But it is done and I think they had a good time doing it.  

 This WAS the kitchen.  The appliances date back to the 1960's when the house was built.  You can't see the range but it is still had push buttons.  I mean really...update people!

 The ceiling came apart a little when they took out the wall.  Oh well.  I am sure replacing a ceiling is easy. Not.

 The kitchen now.  They removed the wall between the kitchen and dining room and got rid off all the cabinets.  So mom and is going from a kitchen with a ton of cabinet space to NONE.  I have no clue how she is going to handle that, but I will let her figure it out.  All I can say is welcome to my life.

This will be a nice size room once it gets done.  I just can't wait until that day gets here.

 The living room.  Thankfully they are leaving this area alone.

They are going to pull those bushes out that are in front of the yard.  Their poor neighbor has no idea what is about to happen to her.  On a happy note, mom and dad already know most of their neighbors.  Everyone they talk to lives in this neighborhood.  Plus it takes me less time to get to their house when i'm hungry.  Unfortunately for them, it makes it easier for Ann to get there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment