Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 4th weekend

We spent the July 4th weekend at the camper.  I know, you can't believe me and Ken went to Cool Creek for the weekend since we never get up there.  But this weekend we tore ourselves away from our home and begrudgingly headed up to Grants Fork.  HAHAHAHAHA.  Now thats funny.  Anyway we got up there Friday and had a relaxing evening playing cards.

Well not very relaxing for me.  I get mad when I don't at least win my money back.  And normally I am the one who wins enough money for us both to get our money back.  Since Ken thinks he knows what he's doing and actually tries, and I have no clue and just throw money on the table, I normally win.  I usually make it to the "big table" while Ken ends up on the porch early.  This time I made it to the big table AGAIN but was out before I won my money back.  But it's all good.  $10 for a nights entertainment.  Can't beat that.

Saturday I got the bright idea to invite some of Ken's family up to the camper for a bbq and fishing.  Having people up to the camper for dinner doesn't bother me at all.  Ken on the other hand wiggs out.  What are we going to eat?  Where are we going to sit?  Will we have enough parking?  What if it's hot?  What if it rains?.....  Dude, chill out.  It always works out ok.  They are adults, they can find places to sit.  That boy needs to learn to relax and go with the flow.  On his grave I want to be able to put "I enjoyed the flow".

I grilled pork steaks that I got from the butcher down the street.  They were delicious.  Then I made some crock-pot corn, baked beans (never ever ever done that before) and cucumber salad.  Nothing fancy but hey, I stay in a camper.

The weather was hot hot hot hot hot.  Luckily we were able to find a small breeze and it kept us cooled off a little.  Just a wee little bit.  And we had a fan.  By we I mean Uncle Terry because he sat right in front of it the whole time.  Can't blame him because it was HOT!  Did I mention that already?



Ken's fishing poles.  Why do we have so many you ask?  Well, I ask the same question.  How many can you fish with at one time?

 And he went to Walmart to buy a new one.  Seriously.....can't you just fix the ones you have.  What about a stick, some string, and a hook.  Worked for our pioneer fathers.  Should work for us. 

 Old men sitting around the fan telling stories.  

 Wait wait wait... can you feel it?  I think a breeze just came thru.  Don't leave that spot.  Stay right there.  ahhhhhhh that's what I'm talking about.

 I think the picnic table is like the kitchen at home.  Everyone gathers there.  Maybe because it was the coolest spot around.  A breeze was blowing off the fields behind us.  Or maybe it was because there was seating even though only one person was sitting down.  Or maybe......well, who knows.

 The Duke's



After everyone left Saturday evening we headed to the big lake.  There Tom put on a huge fireworks show.  And I'm not talking bottlerockets and smoke bombs.  I am talking huge, people come from all over town to watch, fireworks.  The show lasted almost 35 minutes.  We sat by our friends Larry and Marty and just had a wonderful time.  Then we went back to the camper and talked till about 11.  Can we party or what.

We stuck around for a while Sunday and ended up sitting thru a pretty wicked storm.  The wind came out of nowhere and for a minute I thought we would were about to head to Oz.


That would be my seat cushion.  It was in pretty bad shape so the though of getting a new one doesn't freak me out as much as the fact that it is sitting in the bottom of the pond right now. Oops.  The wind came out of nowhere.  Everything started flying around.  For a minute I thought I saw a woman and her dog fly by on her bike.
 Rain.  Lots of Rain.  The verse "and the rain came down and rivers came up" kept going thru my mind.

 I love sitting on our porch during a rain storm.  The sound on the roof is extremely relaxing.  Then whoosh, gust of wind makes all the rain come into the porch and the next thing I know I am wet.  I run inside and Ken just gives me that "you are so fruit" look.  I get it often.  Haven't quite figured out why.  Like I knew I was going to get wet during a storm.  
Old Glory flapping in the wind


After dinner at mom's I went to the park with the family to watch the fireworks.  Debbie's family was at one spot and Jen's was at another.  After walking back a forth a couple of times I ended up the Eileen and Ed and some Duke's.  Plus Jen, Allan, and my nieces.  Harper makes me the laugh the entire time.  That girl doesn't quit.

 Walking to the field I caught sight of some sky divers.  That would be so cool, but parasailing freaked me out.  I can't imagine falling from a plane.


 Little Miss Cate

 For some reason Brady always gives me a look that screams "I am too cool to be seen with you".

 Everybody else has pics of Ann and Cody smiling and being normal.  I get the true pictures.

 Harper getting ready for some fireworks

 Delaney in her super cool glasses

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment