Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That's how he rolls

Jon took about 10 years off my life last Saturday, July 16, when he rolled his car.  Unfortunately my worst nightmare happened and Ken and I were in Highland.  I never ever want to get that kind of phone call again.  I am so glad that it was Jenna that called and let me know what was going on.  And even more thankful that my family was in town so they could quickly get to the hospital.  And at the hospital they were.  Mom, Dad, Eileen,  Debbie, Scott, Cody, Ann, Scott, Michelle, and Alina Hillman.  Everyone in the waiting room waiting for word on Jon.  Mom went back with him since I wasn't there.

Walking into that room and seeing him in a neck brace on a backboard was enough to give me a stroke.  He was cut up but that's about it.  The Lord was with him that day and I am so thankful he is safe.  I told the nurse there that they may want to reserve a room because once my shock wore off and I knew he was OK I was probably going to kill him.

 Dumb dog always has to get in the pictures.  

 Seat belt injury. I'm just glad he doesn't take after his dad and was wearing his seat belt.


 Just looking at this hurts me!

 The skid marks. 
 These skid marks were made when he was going sideways down the road.  I can't believe the car didn't come to a stop before it hit the shoulder.

 Where he landed.  Upside down.  All the trash down there came from his truck.  One heck of a way to clean  the truck out if you ask me.

 The family looking for Jon's wallet.  Ken found it in the trees there behind him.  To the right of Cody, in a tree, were my headphones.

The path Jon took

The trees Jon destroyed

At the end of the day Jon is safe.  He is still shaken up, which I am glad for.  At least now he knows what can happen and will be more careful.  At least he better be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment